Sunday, May 6, 2012

Who are we to judge?

The past few days have made me realize something pretty important that I think we all do. That happens to be judging people. Don't read this and lie to yourself saying you don't do that because I am willing to bet all the money in my pocket (That happens to be 71 bucks) that you do. There are various reasons why people judge other people, the way they talk, look, walk, act, how smart they are, their past, their parents, and the list just goes on and on. Granted there are some times that people make "good" judgements of others, but a majority of the time they are unjust, uncalled for and quite frankly rude. My question is to all of us is, who are we to judge?

Think about it, what gives us the right to judge somebody else? Is it that we feel superior? To make ourselves feel better? I suppose that is how I have acted. Sure I admit I do judge people and I make stupid comments about them to crack a joke or to sound cool with a bunch of friends. But the truth is, after about an hour, that makes me look like a major douchebag. I guess I haven't really realized that until this weekend, for that I am sorry to all the people that I have passed unjust, cruel judgements on. I don't have the authority to, I never will have the authority. The only person that should be allowed to make a judgement is God. I fear how God will judge me because of how I have judged others. If he uses what I have gone by so many times, I'm sure his judgement of me will not be very good. I think everyone should fear this, but sadly most people don't care.

The worst thing is, when you judge someone or just say something about someone and then it gets back around to that person... Yeah bummer right? Kiss that friendship goodbye. Some people that may have been the best of friends, ruined because of a few stupid words. I know I don't want that to happen to me, but I am sure it has in the past.

I believe though, that instead of just saying something about someone to other people, you bring it up to that person and have an intelligent conversation like real adults, then life would be much easier. Maybe they do the things they do because that is just how they were raised, maybe they have actual problems in their life that cause them to act differently, who knows really? My point is you have to respect other people and not judge them for every little thing. I hate being judged and then hearing about it and I feel bad doing it to others. I say that I am a good person but I don't think good people say bad things about other people, so I am going to try my hardest to change that.

God is the only person in my opinion allowed to pass a judgement. His opinion is all that matters, so if you have been judged or you judge other people cruelly, remember that. Remember to fear his judgement and not others. Theirs doesn't compare to that of the Lord's. Don't retaliate and stoop to their level for God will also remember that, simply turn your other cheek as the Bible says and pray for them.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and stupid. Who knows? I know I am not the smartest person and I know I am still a young Christian, in my eyes at least, but this is what I believe, if it contradicts what you think, I am sorry, go make your own blog and write it the way you see it.

Until my next blog...which is probably going to be within the next few hours, Adios!

Peace out cubscouts.

Ps go read Luke Chapter 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment