Thursday, May 10, 2012

The End of the Beginning

So, I'm sitting here going completely against my slacking off blog and not studying for my last final. I can't help it honestly, I just got out of a three hour long intense NASCAR tournament between my roommate, Joshua Edmonson. I just want to throw it out there that he beat me 4 total tracks to 2. I lost some cash in the process, but it was worth it. I now know that the "No Rules" rule sucks. That has to be the worst rule ever because we both end up wrecking each other to win. Oh well I suppose, Josh, I know you are going to read this, I demand a rematch this summer. I won't lose again!

But hey, I don't want to leave the impression that I am in a bad mood because of that, I'm actually pretty darn happy. I have one more final and then I am free for summer break. Oh and I forgot to mention I'm pretty sure I got an A in French and for sure in Psychology! SO heck yes!

This has been one great semester in college, I've absolutely loved it. I had a pretty cool roommate that has kept me somewhat motivated and I somewhat kept him motivated, but I'm pretty sure overall, we both have had some pretty good laughs and just a ton of fun. Too bad I can't live in his apartment next year, that would be pretty crazy just saying.

But enough about that loser, I started this semester wanting all A's and thinking it was going to be easy for me. Why I thought that, I have no idea, but I soon realized that it was going to be a struggle to even pass. It is totally different being on your own, I mean sure having friends to push you is good, but that only goes so far. All my life, my parents have hounded me about grades and even last semester they did, but now I am an hour away and I stay down here a bunch of the weekends, so this is all on me. I don't want to sound like I am complaining or anything because I really like the independence. My only problem is how naive I had been. This totally goes back to my slacking blog, nothing comes easy. You have to literally work your butt off to succeed and I didn't really do that much at the start, I just breezed by. At the class drop-date, I realized that I really needed to get my grades up before I screwed up my first semester away from home. By my standards my grades weren't that good, I had 3 C's, 1 B and 1 A. After that drop-date though and switching from Astronomy to French, I kicked it into gear. I'm proud to say that I should be finishing up this semester with 3 A's, 1 B and 1 C.

That B is actually the final I am taking tomorrow, there is a 6 point curve plus 10 bonus points. I'm praying that I can get the bonus right and then half of the test right, if so, I get a B. If not, well I tried and that class was freaking hard so I will be happy with a really high C. Who knows though, we shall see tomorrow at 8 am!

Let's see, what other things can I say about this semester. I went caving for the first time ever, that was a blast, played some ultimate frisbee and I am hopefully going to have time to play on the team for real next year. Umm, what else, Brody, Josh, Ethan and I went to Baron river and Shanty Hallow lake a few times, then ate at this place with a HOT waitress, we all missed our chance at getting her number and we totally need to go back again sometime, I'm getting that woman's number. She was purdy.

Although I am glad to go home for the summer and start a new job, I really can't wait for next semester, I will be going deeper into my major and I can't wait to get closer to finally getting to teach. Not to mention, I will also be back in the same dorm room, able to yell at people walking in the Poland lot.

We sure are going to miss Josh on campus all the time... One good thing is, he can't bum off me anymore! Jk man, you know I never cared since you pay for my crap at times. NASCAR parties in my room anytime next year so stop on by.

But hey, I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up, I need to get to bed for that final tomorrow. So hey folks, a good message that I had for the day is to not give up no matter what, keep pushing on and your hardwork will pay off.

One last time, here's to all my friends that made this semester awesome, to all my new friends and to God for getting me through everything even when I am not worthy. Thanks all you peeps, love yall.

Peace out cubscouts

No comments:

Post a Comment