Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sunday 05/13/2012...Sorta

Hello again everyone! I'm sorry to say that I have been slacking off on blogging, these past few days have been pretty crazy actually since I've started my new job. Getting up at 5 am to be at work at 6 is actually pretty draining and it has only been two days! But I know that no matter what God has a plan for me and I have been reminded these past few days that I will go through the good and the bad but I must always praise the Lord no matter what. Where ever he takes me, I am thankful, I will maintain my faith in him!

But hey let's get down to the good stuff, shall we? After some debating amongst myself, I have decided to change up my blog for Sunday to not be about Sunday School but rather about our evening service, to an extent. I hope that everyone enjoys it and learns something, if not, well I tried my best... As a side note, if you do want to learn more about the Lord and become closer to God, come to Buck Creek with me! I'll pick you up for real! Just let me know and I'll be thrilled to make a stop.

Okay, okay, okay! Serious mode on, Bible open, notes on the table, missiles ready, laptop... Whoa, whoa, whoa... Missiles ready? This really is serious... Let us begin, with a question!


Do you wish your life were to have turned out differently? Take a minute to think about that, if you answer yes, please please please please read on. If no, well keep reading on anyways!

Tonight it is my goal to take those of you that said yes, which I'd assume is a vast majority of you, and make you reconsider your stance. I myself "was" a yes just the other day. Then with a few emails, listening to Brother Tommy and sitting on my breaks thinking, plus this quote right here, " God doesn't call me to be successful, He calls me to be faithful" (Mother Theresa), I realized that my life is just the way He wanted it, so why should WOULD I want it to be any different?... Okay flipping amazing I just learned how to strike out words, sooo cool, anyways... Well, thinking about it, I really wouldn't at all. I realize that I have lived this life for a reason, simply because that is how God wanted me to.

Before really thinking about it, I just said dang, I love God but I wish things were different, I wish my life were different... Heck I think I even mentioned that in a blog. But now I honestly am happy with my life, I have a renewed faith in the Lord. I praise the Lord for how things turned out, the good and the bad because they are lessons learned. Like Mother Theresa said, He doesn't call you to be successful, he calls you to be faithful. Sometimes I had wanted so bad to be a success in so many ways. A majority of my life, I didn't really listen to God or his word's or really anyone's words for that matter. I was unfaithful to the Lord and I was really not that happy with how things were going. I guess that I didn't even buy into going to church and following God, maybe because I was just foolish or something. I didn't think that it really mattered or meant anything honestly. I mean I didn't judge people that did or didn't but I said "that isn't for me", but now I know that God is all I need.

Reading back through this, I realize that I am sort of rambling and not getting to my point at all, so what is my point to go with all this you say? Well for one, God has lead you through your life whether you believe it or not. Every single one of the ups and downs is the Lord's doing and you should appreciate that, praise him for those. I believe that people need to realize that their lives have been perfect just the way they are. Why? Because it is how God wanted them to be. He is always there, if you just remain faithful you will see that. If you stop living for yourself and live for him, you will see. Don't look back on your past and say, I wish that happened differently, simply look back on your past and use whatever it may be as motivation for your future. You will always make mistakes, trust me I do all the time, some pretty big mistakes at that, but it is how you take those mistakes and learn from them that you can make up for them. Well that and asking God for forgiveness. Just don't regret what you have done, because if you are truly trying to be different there is no reason to show regret. Show faith in the Lord and seek his guidance.

I realize that this is not the best of my blogs, I was actually hoping it would be a big hit but dang, for some reason I couldn't string together my message! Sorry for this being sloppy, I promise to tweak it at some point or maybe redo it!

But I do hope I at least made some people think. Don't look at your past as something bad, God will always be there waiting for you to renew your faith in him and once you do you will learn that your past was perfect because it led you to/back to him.

Also, I didn't really talk about all I wanted but, Having faith and being unsuccessful is much better than being Successful and having no faith. God wants to know you trust him, he will test you, if you remain faithful, trust me there will be much success to come.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed it somewhat, I need to head to bed because work is right around the corner!

Peace out cubscouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment