Friday, May 4, 2012

Hangin in the Garage

I decided that tonight, I wanted to come and hangout in the garage dad built to think and really type. Minus the heat, awful smell and clutter of junk in here, it isn't so bad. This could very well be my summer hangout spot. Heck, maybe I will help him clean it up and finish it off. One day I am going to figure out how to post pictures on here so you can see his amazing ceiling. It's a bunch of freaking Red Man banners, yes the chewing tobacco. I sure do have one crazy dad but you gotta love him.

I just want to point out, I am trying to make my posts be a lesson of some sort. That way when someone reads it, maybe they will learn from my choices and mistakes and will become a better person. Or even from the inspiring posts, if you think I have any, they will want to do something bigger than themselves. So, lets continue on, it won't be long or anything and hopefully you learn something... Don't blame me if you don't, I learned something...

Anyways, sitting out here is helping me sort through all the things going on in my head. First of all, today pappaw would have been 61. I stop and think about it for a minute and realize that, dang, he was just 53 when he passed away. To me, that is way too young.

I'm honestly not wanting to start a sobfest on here, but I want to just point out that life is too short. There will always be some missed opportunities, but you should relish the chances you are given and seize them. I made the biggest mistake of my life, missing the last night to talk to my Pappaw because of a video-game. Looking back on it, it has opened my eyes a little bit more. My priorities haven't always been where they should be and because of that I have had to pay. But in doing so I have learned to forgive myself and to help others. Although I do regret what happened, I now view it as a learning experience, something that not only I can build off of, but something that everyone can. So happy birthday Pappaw, that you for the lessons you taught me and the memories we had, one day I will type up a blog all about the good ole days with you... but until then, I love you and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment