Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Taking the Easy Route

Who's with me?! Hopefully none of you said yes. I mean come on folks, what do you learn from making everything easy in your life? Absolutely nothing. If anyone knows about this, it is me. I've taken the easy way out of things pretty much all my life. I am pretty good at just sliding by and doing the least amount possible. But who really wants to be known for that?

The next good bit I'm going to say is pretty humiliating to me, but I want people to understand that the easy path eventually sucks... You know I've said before I love baseball, I love it with all my heart. It is my passion. Guess what, now that I think about it, that can't be entirely true because I gave up on baseball. I quit during Babe Ruth. Wanna know why? Because I hated running. For someone as myself, that loved the game so much, loved being on the field more than anything to just quit because he didn't want to run in practice anymore is pretty pathetic. I'm not afraid to say it and I'm not afraid that people will think I was stupid or foolish to stop just because of that. Believe me, I know. I am the one that has dealt with it for the past 6 years. That is pretty much as lazy as you can get, I wanted to sit around and play video games all day and night because it didn't involve, well really anything.

Sometimes I just want to kick myself in the butt for doing that, for being lazy when I was little, for taking the easy route. But I think, instead of beating myself up with the anger, I should probably use it to teach a lesson to others. That lesson is to push yourself and never give up on something just because there is an obstacle. Life is not meant to be easy, because if it were what lessons could you ever possibly learn? If you fail, don't be discouraged, if you aren't the best don't give in to the critics, if you fall get right back up. You learn from your failures and mistakes and you use them to better yourselves and others. My hope is that people will read this not to just read it but to actually apply it to their life. I don't want people to be like me, the world doesn't need more lazy people. What it needs is more people that are willing to fight for everything, people that will push forward when things seem as if they are too much to handle.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following God isn't easy either. You can't be halfway committed or a fourth in, it's all in or nothing. I have learned that in the past few months and sometimes I still fail. I believe it is a learning process though, learning from your mistakes and putting all your faith in the Lord, praising him through the good and the bad. There will be times that you mess up of course, but it is after those times that your pray to God and get things right with him then the next time around when you are tempted you walk away with your head high. Each and every day will be a struggle but without that struggle, you haven't really met the Lord and you aren't really a follower.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well folks, I need to study for my French oral exam so I am going to stop this here, I may edit it and add more at some point but I believe you all get the point. Before I go, here are two more things I'd like to share:

1) Read "Not a Fan"  by Kyle Idleman. This is one heck of a book and I am grateful that it was given to me as a baptism gift. It has taught me a lot about my walk with Christ and I urge people to read it whether you believe you are a follower or not. Maybe it will make you rethink things. It sure made me.
2)"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." [Winston Churchill]


Peace out cubscouts

No comments:

Post a Comment