Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Teaching

As crazy as it sounds, I have become attached to a group of fourth grade students in just four visits to the classroom. It really stinks thinking about how Friday is the last time I get to teach them, but I'm grateful for the opportunity. They have taught me a lot about myself and what I want to do with my life. I thought I had things all figured out (I've actually thought that multiple times in my life) but in all honesty I didn't. Those teaches and observations made me realize that I was not taking the right path. I was not doing what I really wanted to do with my life but really something people urged me to do. Working with them made me realize that I want to teach elementary students. I hope to be a strong role model in my future student's lives and I want to form a strong foundation for their future early on. I hope to inspire my students at a young age, to get them interested in learning and staying in school. I hope to be entertaining but also effective as a teacher. One day I want to be sitting in a retirement home or something, turn on the tv and yell at some old fart because I can't hear one of my old students giving a speech or hitting a grandslam in the World Series. I just want to make the most positive impact on my student's lives as possible!

That's all for now folks, until next time! Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment