Thursday, June 7, 2012

The best week of my life.

This is no exaggeration. No joke, no lie. Write it down folks, June 3rd-June 9th of the year 2012 has been the best week of my life. Wanna know the best part about it? It is not even over yet...

What has made this week so wonderful? Well let me tell you what right hurr, I was a VBS guide/helper/teacher dude. Yeah that is right. I did it all. It was amazing learning and teaching God's word with wonderful people. Each day I was drawn closer to the Lord, He kept adding to my spiritual high. I was literally doing things I never thought I would do, I mean seriously, I was dancing in front of a ton of people I didn't know. I can't even dance or sing but I was doing it. It didn't really matter to me how good I was but the fact that I was doing it to support the kiddos, to show them it wasn't so bad once you take a chance, a leap of faith and have a little fun.

One of my students in particular really won my heart over, the first night. We were talking about just random things because I was trying to get to know her and find an idea to do during the talent show and in the process I learned that she loved to dance but was extremely shy and didn't ever get up in front of a group. So what do I do, well being me, I told her I'm gonna make you get up there and do it because it isn't so bad. Lead by example folks. It actually worked too, I tell you what she sure can dance, once she saw me making a complete fool of myself she was all smiles and ready to do it too. That was just the first night. Every single night after that she would ask me if she could dance with me again and we did when we were allowed.

Maybe this doesn't mean much to the people that read it, but I type it because it means a lot to me. It actually makes me cry tears of joy honestly. I've already said it on facebook but I will say it again here, God really worked through her this week. On Tuesday Brother Tommy prayed with the older students and my class was there to listen and pray also. Autumn, whom all this is about, prayed Brother Tommy's prayer in her heart. She prayed it and meant it and was ready to be saved and so she was and didn't even friggin tell me until just last night. But nonetheless, I was excited for her and she will be baptized Sunday I think. So in celebration of said feat, she got to get on stage tonight at family night and embarrass herself with a hula-hoop or however that is spelled. Technically the only one getting embarrassed was myself, I lasted 2 seconds she could have kept hoopin the hula all night I bet. She and all the others on the stage took my nonsense like champs and I am proud that they kept on smiling.

But okay I am going to cut that short because there is just so much I want to say but I don't want to bore you all. So moving on folks:

The reason this was the best week of my life is because I was able to grow a lot closer with God and friend's. Who woulda thunk I'd be saying this not that long ago? Not I for sure. All I know is I sure am glad this happened, is happening and will continue to happen. God is great! I learned tons of dances and bible (My favorite being Jeremiah 32:17, it is simple yet powerful in my opinion) and I made great friends. My little brother and sister went and loved it, hopefully they come back. I was able to help out with the craziest kids in the whole church. Hopper was the ring leader of the crazies! I learned to tell DA HOPPAS apart too, I guess that will be good for Wednesday nights! Shoot fire, I don't know what else to say honestly, There is just so much it was full of excitement and joy.

Oh to the little girl that sang Jesus Friend Of Sinners, I love you! That is one of my favorite songs and I thought you did a terrific job.

To everyone that helped out God bless you all, to all the kids that attended, I hope you learned something and will live your life for Christ.

I'm so thankful for all the people that were there. It was an awesome week!

So It is my bedtime since I work tomorrow morning, but I promise more blogs soon! I have slacked off a little, I was just super busy guys, but I will give you lots and lots of blogs to read. One of them is going to be very important to me! SO until then folks, peace out cubscouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment