Monday, March 25, 2013

Ready, set, SHAVE

Hey dudes and dudettes... So much for slacking, I am on post two of today! BOOYA!

I just wanted to say a few things about one of the greatest things I have ever been apart of: St. Baldrick's

Yup, two years straight I am shaving my head (Saturday March 30th for those of you that wanna come show support @ WKU baseball field)  for their childhood cancer foundation and I could not be more excited. This is such an amazing cause and I am blessed to be apart of it. It is pretty sad knowing that every 3 minutes a child is diagnosed with some form of cancer. Little kids each and every day have to battle through the pain and sickness and sadly each day some lose that battle. I support St. Baldrick's because the money goes to to children and research! A cure needs to be found and fast!

As I have said before on facebook and other sites, I am honored to shave my head for such strong children. Not only that, I am honored to shave my head for all people with cancer. This especially hits me right at home because I know many people battling each day and I know some that have lost their lives. I know what it is like to lose a family member to cancer as my pappaw passed away from it. I don't want anyone else to suffer or have to go through the pain of cancer or knowing someone with it. Especially little children. Those kids and adults suffering from this "monster" are an inspiration to me and I truly am honored to shave.

Check out the website guys and just at least read up on it.
http://www.stbaldricks.org/

My prayers tonight will go out to anyone suffering from cancer and for the researchers trying to find a cure.

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment