Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Praying the Worry Out

Hey guys, it is the start of the new year and a renewed me. I have made a lot of resolutions for the year and my biggest one has to be blogging some more. I am anxious to get started so without further ado, leggo!

Check this out folks, one of my favorite songs by Brandon Heath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecilfLSOGVI

It is a little country and Christian at the same time, I love this dude.

But more importantly I really love this message. Why do we pray then continually worry about what we just prayed for? We all do it, no way any one of even the "greatest" of Christians doesn't worry. So I guess my question is once again why do we do that?

Well honestly, I don't know. I think we as humans always want to be in control of the situation. We don't want to be patient and we want results fast. Truthfully though, results won't at all times right when we want them, but they will ALWAYS come when God wants them. So if we are gonna worry about it then why pray? Like Brandon Heath says clearly in the song, leave it in the Hands of the Father and the Healer. All you can do is pray and leave it up to God. Worrying adds more stress to an already tough situation so you need to listen to God's word and understand He has a plan and He will come through with that plan no matter what.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding"
- Proverbs 3:5

While it is hard to not worry and to not seek out your own understanding on a certain situation, the best advice I can give you is to try hold those urges in. To those who wait and continually pray will come the best results. Good or bad, God knows what is best and He will hold your hand every step of the way. To have complete faith in His abilities to heal and lead us, is how He wants it. God will lead our lives if we give Him complete control and trust in Him.

So my prayer is not only for healing to all my friends and family in need or for them in general, but also that they put complete faith and trust in Your Word Father. That they all trust You and Your judgement and give all they can to glorify Your name. With trust in You our lives become better. Granted the path You give us may be hard to follow, in the end You will bring us all to the same home. Thank you Father and watch over each and every one of us through our times of trial and happiness.

In Your name I pray,

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment