Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cleveland Mission Trip

Hello everyone! Well, as you all should know, this past week I was on a mission trip in Cleveland, Ohio. Yup, you know how I do it... For real though, in that short week there, I learned so much about my life and the lives of others. So let me get started...

Sometimes I truthfully take what I have for granted. I always want more and more and more, I am never satisfied with what I already have been blessed with and I am truthfully never thankful enough. But after this past week, I have truly learned to stop all that, be happy with what I have and give all the glory to God. The children that I worked with, well and the people in general, were all so... Inspiring... The more I think about it, the more I realize, I have lived my whole life away from this, sheltered from this pain and suffering. I have never gone hungry and I have never been alone. My parents have always been there for me and I think always will. But for the children that were with us this week, they probably didn't have three full meals a day, they weren't completely supported by their parents and they were at times alone. Yet, they were never broken. They were still strong and kept pushing forward.

There are times when I look at my life and I say "Dang, I have it rough" but in reality, I have it so much easier than these kiddos. If I had to deal with what they do each and every day, I would be broken inside, I would probably not last a week, much less then 5-10 years of their lives that they have gone in the conditions they are in. So yes, to me, it is inspiring to see them stay strong, faithful and together as brothers and sisters... In a place where you are raised by your grandmother because your mother can't take care of you and your father is in jail, all you really have are the kids around you to protect you, it is amazing the bond they share with one another...


I believe working with them has honestly made me a better person and Christian. After seeing what they go through, I know that my life isn't as bad as I may think. I certainly won't take it for granted, but I do know I will use what I have in my life to help others less fortunate than myself.

So with that said, I am going to stop my "First" blog about the trip (I don't count the other one I did just because it was about the first day only...) There will be more to come, but here is just a taste of how it has changed me. Sometime I will tell you more about what we did and about what I learned, but enjoy this one for now!


Peace out cubscouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment